Did you know that the family is the most important social influence for physical activity? Research shows that children of active parents are 5.8 times more likely to engage in physical activity on a regular basis.
Today, most children do not meet the recommended amount of daily exercise, which is crucial to healthy growth and development.
To get your kids moving, it’s important that you’re moving too! Here are a few fun ways to get your whole family to exercise:
- Pre- or post-dinner walks.
- Taking a stroll before or after your nightly meal is a great way to spend time together and get active.
- Have a dance party!
- Turn up the music and dance! You can teach your children your favorite songs and get in some exercise.
- Make every day errands physically active.
- If possible, walk or ride your bike to pick up children from school.
- Take the stairs instead of the escalator and have your child walk instead of ride in the cart at the grocery store.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends one hour of physical activity every day. This may sound like a lot, but with a little thought it can be relatively easy!
If you’re concerned about a lack of exercise or need advice about how to get your family moving more, visit AFC Urgent Care or schedule an appointment with one of our providers.